Gift Aid Declaration
Gift Aid is an easy way to make your membership and donations worth even more to us.
We can reclaim the basic rate tax, currently 20%, from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) that you have paid on the gross equivalent of your donations. This means that for every £1 donated, we can claim an extra 25 pence.
So, for example, your membership payment of £23 is worth £28.75 to us, at no extra cost to yourself.
We can claim this for your current donation/membership payment, plus any paid in the last four years, and any paid in the future. To allow us to do this, please confirm by clicking the button below, this will add a zero-priced item to your membership purchase/renewal (you must have paid sufficient Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the respective periods, as detailed in the Declaration). Alternatively you can complete the paper version by downloading the PDF version here and send to:
- Bob Dawson (BAS Membership), Flat 4, Normandy House, St Mary's, Isles of Scilly TR21 0NY
Thank you for your support
Gift Aid Declaration
- If your PayPAL account does not include your home address, then it will be necessary for you to complete and return the PDF Version of this form
- In order to Gift Aid your donation you must click the button below, your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.
- I want to Gift Aid my current donation and any donations I make in the future or have made in the past 4 years to the BRITISH ARACHNOLOGICAL SOCIETY.
- I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.
|Return to the 'Join the Society' page||Download the printable version (PDF)|
- this information will be taken from your PayPAL payment details.
- Please notify the British Arachnological Society if you:
- Want to cancel this declaration
- Change your name or home address
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
- If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.