Welcome to the BAS
Join now or renew your membership by Direct Debit or via Paypal, using a debit / credit card or your personal PayPal account.
If you hold a UK bank account, you can join and pay your membership subscription by Direct Debit via GoCardless. As the membership subscriptions are different, please ensure that you use the appropriate link below:
To join as a UK Member, receiving both print and digital copies of the publications, please click here.
If you are in the UK and are joining as a Digital Member, receiving only digital copies of the publications, please click here.
Paypal / Credit Card
Members (both UK-based and overseas) can pay their subscription / renew their membership online using Paypal. Carefully select your BAS membership category below (either UK or Overseas Membership), click on the relevant button and follow the on-screen instructions.
To pay by cheque (in pounds sterling and drawn on a UK bank account), please follow the instructions on this page
If you are a UK tax payer, please could we encourage you to complete and post to us your Gift Aid declaration (PDF). This will allow us to claim back from HMRC the tax (at basic rate) that you have paid on your subscription (up to an additional £5.75 at current rates).
Institutions (Libraries, Universities, etc) and their Agents - see the Subscriber options below (UK & Overseas).
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Officer, email details at the foot of this page.
|Code||Membership Type||Cost (UKPounds)|
|BASUKM24||British Arachnological Society - UK - Membership 2024||25.00|
|BASDIM24||British Arachnological Society - Digital Membership 2024 (individual members ONLY)||20.00|
|BASGiftAid||British Members' GiftAid Declaration||no charge|
|BASOSM24||British Arachnological Society - OVERSEAS - Membership 2024||30.00|
|BASUKS24||BAS Subscriber (UK) - UK Institutions only||32.00|
|BASOSS24||BAS Subscriber (Overseas) - Overseas Institutions only||40.00|
|A donation to the BAS will help our work raising the public understanding of arachnids and conserving rare British spiders. See note 7 below|
- All memberships and subscriptions are fixed to the calendar year, ie. from January to December. Anyone joining during the year and before 1st September will have their membership / subscription back-dated to January and will receive all Newsletter and Arachnology issues already published in the year to date. New members joining on, or after, 1st September will enjoy membership until the end of the following year but will only receive copies of the Newsletter and Arachnology published after their joining date
- All memberships and subscriptions are due for renewal on 1st January of the following year with the exception of new members as noted above
- None of the membership options are available to institutions - Libraries, Universities, etc. should select one of the two Subscription options.
- UK BAS Membership is only available to members with a permanent address in the UK, to which all correspondence will be sent
- Please select the membership option carefully as refunds incur a charge (see below)
- Refunds due to errors in purchase, ineligibility or cancellation will incur a 10% reduction on the refund to cover PayPal charges and will only be offered via PayPal, please purchase carefully
- After pressing the 'DONATION' option, you will be asked to enter the required amount at the next page. (Note the Donation option cannot be used in combination with any of the above options - it must be paid separately.)
The Mail-back form for further information has been removed because of abuse of the system by 'spammers'. If you require further details please e-mail the Membership Officer: membershipATbritishspiders.org.uk. NOTE you will need to change the 'AT' in the address to '@' for the e-mail to work. BAS apologises for the inconvenience.